For service industry workers:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (currently expires 12/31/20) – paid sick leave for employees related to COVID-19
- FREE Financial Counseling one-on-one through the Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center
- 09/09/20: Lost Wages Assistance Program opened. Find out if you qualify and/or need to apply here
- Get health insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act (ACA, ‘Obamacare’). Find out more here
- Get help navigating heatlhcare options with Consumer Health Coalition here
- Restaurant Opportunities Center United
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
- Pittsburgh Virtual Tip Jar
- Give someone a tip – Many of us would regularly be patronizing bars, salons, restaurants, and other businesses that have been ordered closed. Even if you are socially isolating, you can help to support our local service industry staff. Consider sending a “tip” to your favorite bartender, server, stylist, aesthetician.
- Get on the List – This virtual tip jar is for local service industry staff – employees at bars, restaurants, salons, etc – to post your Venmo or Paypal information so that customers, neighbors, and Pittsburgh community members can continue to support you. Please note: Any information you share will be made publicly available.
- Dugan & Associates – Updates to Workers Compensation During Coronavirus
- PA Unemployment Compensation – step-by-step guide to apply
- Hebrew Free Loan – Coronavirus Bridge Loans
- 0% interest loans; see more info & apply here
- DVI Funding – Coronavirus Bridge Loans; see more info & apply here